Intermission collects the opening, closing, and intermission music from The Mole Show tour. This music was written especially for the touring performance, though it was played from a tape rather than performed live by the band. The three intermission numbers go between "Migration" and "Another Land" in the show. The other two tracks open and close the entire performance.
The infant on the cover is Jana Flynn, daughter of The Residents' spokesperson and manager Homer Flynn. The Intermission EP was reissued as bonus tracks to the 1988 CD reissue of Mark of the Mole, and in 1998 as a stand-alone release.
Track listing Edit
- Lights Out (Prelude) (5:50)
- Shorty's Lament (Intermission) (6:43)
- The Moles Are Coming (Intermission) (3:20)
- Would We Be Alive? (Intermission) (5:36)
- The New Hymn (Recessional) (4:18)